Hi all.

Quick question.... does anyone know if it's possible to visit the Google play store on a Android phone web browser (I'm using a Note 8 with Samsung Internet browser) without the play store app automatically opening? (But without having to disable the play store app itself).

Many thanks in advance.
    12-11-2018 03:04 PM
    You can go to the Play Store's app settings (or long-press the app icon and tap the Info option). There, look for the SET AS DEFAULT section (chances are it'll say no defaults are set... don't listen to that and tap anyway). There should be a GO TO SUPPORTED URLS option that's set to IN THIS APP by default; change that to ALWAYS ASK or to IN OTHER APP.
    everway9 and ManiacJoe like this.
    12-11-2018 03:25 PM
    You can go to the Play Store's app settings (or long-press the app icon and tap the Info option). There, look for the SET AS DEFAULT section (chances are it'll say no defaults are set... don't listen to that and tap anyway). There should be a GO TO SUPPORTED URLS option that's set to IN THIS APP by default; change that to ALWAYS ASK or to IN OTHER APP.
    Hi @SpookDroid

You are an absolute superstar!! Thanks very much for that. I used the 'Always ask' option and it now works just as I want it to.

SpookDroid likes this.
    12-11-2018 04:04 PM
    Glad we could help! I like doing that because that way I can initiate the download to any of my devices instead of just to my current phone.
    everway9 likes this.
    12-11-2018 04:05 PM
    Glad we could help! I like doing that because that way I can initiate the download to any of my devices instead of just to my current phone.
    Exactly. And also you can grab the url for the app which you can then use to grab the apk file.
    12-11-2018 04:19 PM