My sons phone put a password on by itself. What do I do?

Frustrated Dad

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
My son was watching Netflix on his phone and set it down. He went to use it again and it was password protected. Neither him nor I touched it, and he cannot use it now. How do I help him?
It is a Galaxy J7 Sky Pro.

Last edited:

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
You will not be able, unless you know the passwprd, to recover anything form the internal storage. Your only avenue is to factory reset it. If the phone has the mechanical home button that older Samsung devices have, hold down that and the power button until you are given the recovery menu. Using the volume keys, scroll down to wipe data/ factory reset and select it but clicking the power button. Wait for it to do it's magic and then select the reboot option when it's done. Hope I helped :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get this phone brand new, or did someone own it previously?

Snjesko

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
It was likely a software-related fluke, or maybe the phone has some kind of malware. Resetting the phone will not help. You will have to flash the stock rom again. If you phone has a locked bootloader, there will be no way to fix it. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech