Hi all,
    This is baffling question for me.
    So I was tidying my contacts, deleting a lot of random names and email addresses from my Google account through the website. My phone (Xperia XZ Premium running Pie) wouldn't synchronise so I deleted the contacts storage cache and data and it worked fine. My contacts were synchronised. This was about a week ago.
    But I've just been into my contacts and randomly they've all appeared again! Even though they're all still deleted from my Google account.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
    12-13-2018 10:10 AM
    Ok, so just to make sure...the 'random' contacts, do they show up in the Contacts website (contacts.google.com)? If you open any of those, does it say they are stored/synced with a particular Google Account or stored in the phone/SIM? If these are 'automatic' contacts from GMail or something like that, those might be just re-populated by Google.
    12-13-2018 11:01 AM
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    Yeh, I've totally deleted them from Google Contacts through the website. If I log into my account they aren't there. Plus when I originally deleted them and syncronized my phone it did it correctly and they disappeared from my phone. They've just randomly reappeared.
    12-14-2018 11:55 AM