i have had two numbers on the same phone for a long time. it worked great when I was on Verizon for one and Voice for the other. they were kept completely separate. in fact I could call one number from the other and leave a voicemail.

now i got off verizon and switched to Fi.

Google is telling me i can't do this because Fi and Voice want to use the same dialer app. I have to set it up so that incoming calls to my voice number get forwarded to my Fi number and a similar thing for outgoing. so I can't call people from my Voice number anymore and if people call my voice number I have to talk to them on my Fi line.

this is a problem for me because i need them to be separate. one is my personal line and the other is my business line. I don't want to call my customers on my personal line.

I called Fi service and they are not sure I can keep them separate, now that I have Fi.

they suggested i install Hangouts on the phone and see if I can use the hangouts dialer for my voice number and the regular built in android dialer for Fi. I'm not sure how I would do that but I guess I will try.

I thought I would ask here if anyone has been able to have two phone numbers, one on Voice and one on Fi, on the same device, and figured out a way to keep them separate so you can make and receive phone calls on both, without call forwarding.

any advice is appreciated.
    thanks
    12-16-2018 04:09 PM
    Google is telling me i can't do this
    They're correct.

so I can't call people from my Voice number anymore
    Yes you can. Install Hangouts Dialer and use it for outgoing calls. If people call your Voice number, it will ring on Hangouts too,

they suggested i install Hangouts on the phone and see if I can use the hangouts dialer for my voice number and the regular built in android dialer for Fi. I'm not sure how I would do that but I guess I will try.
    Exactly. I've been doing it for a long time. That way, no matter what happens to my cellphone number, I can still use my Voice number (which is the only one I give out) on my cellphone - incoming and outgoing.

I thought I would ask here if anyone has been able to have two phone numbers, one on Voice and one on Fi, on the same device, and figured out a way to keep them separate so you can make and receive phone calls on both, without call forwarding.
    Just install Hangouts, make sure it picks up the Google account your Voice number is on, and you're set. (I'm not even sure what my cellphone number is - I have it in Contacts, so I can get it if I need it for some reason. But if I make a call using the Phone dialer, it comes from that number.)
    12-16-2018 04:25 PM