Email slow arriving on Inspire 4G

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't really know where to post this so I'm gonna put it here. I am new to the Android platform. I have been a Blackberry user for years and so that all my friends were getting the androids so I decided to give it a shot. I got an Inspire 4G from AT&T and I really like the phone. The only issue I am running into is this; I am a fire officer and I get notifications from my dispatch center via email which drops onto my phone. When I was on my Blackberry, those notifications were almost instantaneously on my phone. I am noticing that the email on the android platform is significantly slower. Is there anyway that I can speed this up? Can someone give me some pointers as to what all the Send and Receive settings should be and so forth. I really like this phone other than the slow email.

Thanks,
Nick

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
What type of email account? If it's a pull account (such as POP) then there's no way to turn it into push. You can try decreasing polling intervals to increase the frequency at which your mail client checks for email but that will adversely affect battery life. I'd suggest using a push account such as gmail, accounts that support IMAP idle, ActiveSync, etc for cases where you need timely email notifications.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
What types of accounts are the other accounts? As I said, you can try decreasing polling intervals for pull accounts and see if that works for you.

There isn't a BIS equivalent in the Android world. BIS was able to automatically adjust polling intervals based on the activity of your email account and push email to your BB as needed. Gmail has a mail fetcher but it doesn't adjust polling intervals like BIS nor can you set the polling interval.

redfive5

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Charge on the Verizon system and I am having the same problem. I have a Gmail account and the email check frequency is Automatic Push. The email is soooo slow that it may arrive several hours after my home computer receives it. With the Blackberry, this was never an issue and the polling interval could be change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2