I want to export my email contacts from my PC using Thunderbird to my Samsung S8+.
    I've exported them to a VCard file.
    I open contacts on my phone and go to import.
    I've tried two different address book files.
    One says it fails to import... the other seems to work but I'm not seeing them in my contacts.
    Is there an easy way to do this... preferably without 3rd party software?
    01-02-2019 12:51 PM
    The easiest way would be to import that VCard file to your Google Contacts: https://support.google.com/contacts/...DDesktop&hl=en. Once you've imported them to your Google Contacts on the web, they'll sync automatically to your phone, assuming you're using the same Google account.
    01-02-2019 01:34 PM
    The easiest way would be to import that VCard file to your Google Contacts: https://support.google.com/contacts/...DDesktop&hl=en. Once you've imported them to your Google Contacts on the web, they'll sync automatically to your phone, assuming you're using the same Google account.
    I guess I can go this route if I have to but I don't use Google or any cloud. I store all of my contacts locally on the phone. So trying to import this way...
    01-02-2019 02:13 PM
    When you import them directly to your phone and then you don't see them, open the Contacts app, then Menu>Contacts to Display, and make sure it's set to display all contacts.

If you only want to have your contacts saved to the phone locally, then make sure they're always backed up or synced on a regular basis somewhere. You never know when something will happen to your phone, and if that's the only place your contacts are stored, you'll lose them all.
    01-02-2019 02:45 PM