My phone wifi always keep disconnecting

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
I own an LG Tribute 2 model, and recently I have difficulties connecting to any wifi connection. It always pops up an error screen once connected that goes like this:

net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

After a while, my phone automatically disconnects from the wi-fi. I have tried forgetting and reconnecting the wi-fi password, and even went to Advanced wi-fi settings and checked off the Allow Wi-Fi Scanning and Wi-Fi Signal Weak options. I don't wanna use too much data, and I'm wondering what other options I can do. If anyone can help, I'll be very grateful for that.

Update: I tried doing a factory reset. The wi-fi had once stayed working for a longer period of time, but it went back to its original problem once again.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen on open public wi-fi networks, like at your local library?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Testing it out on an open public wi-fi is a good way to narrow the issue down. If it works on public wi-fi, then the problem is probably with your wi-fi network (possibly something to do with the router). Is there a reason you don't think it's going to work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Two home networks in different homes? Or in your own home, using the same router?

If you tried wi-fi networks in different homes, then try temporarily disabling any security on your home router, since most home networks will have some kind of security set up.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You mentioned you forgot and reset the password. This is a good spot to clear the cache partition and reboot.
You need to forget the network, turn off the scanning. Then rediscover your network and set it up. Good luck!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to networks in different homes.

How can I disable the security on the router, and will that affect other connections?

On your own router, you have to log into the router settings (typically using a web interface) to adjust the security settings. Read your router's manual to learn how.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital