I own an LG Tribute 2 model, and recently I have difficulties connecting to any wifi connection. It always pops up an error screen once connected that goes like this:

net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

After a while, my phone automatically disconnects from the wi-fi. I have tried forgetting and reconnecting the wi-fi password, and even went to Advanced wi-fi settings and checked off the Allow Wi-Fi Scanning and Wi-Fi Signal Weak options. I don't wanna use too much data, and I'm wondering what other options I can do. If anyone can help, I'll be very grateful for that.

Update: I tried doing a factory reset. The wi-fi had once stayed working for a longer period of time, but it went back to its original problem once again.
    01-04-2019 12:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen on open public wi-fi networks, like at your local library?
    01-04-2019 02:37 PM
    I haven't exactly tried, but I'm not too sure that it's going to work.
    01-05-2019 02:28 PM
    Testing it out on an open public wi-fi is a good way to narrow the issue down. If it works on public wi-fi, then the problem is probably with your wi-fi network (possibly something to do with the router). Is there a reason you don't think it's going to work?
    01-05-2019 06:58 PM
    I tried with two home networks so far, and they had the same results. That's why I'm pretty skeptical with it working with public wifi as well.
    01-05-2019 07:13 PM
    Two home networks in different homes? Or in your own home, using the same router?

If you tried wi-fi networks in different homes, then try temporarily disabling any security on your home router, since most home networks will have some kind of security set up.
    01-06-2019 01:07 AM
    You mentioned you forgot and reset the password. This is a good spot to clear the cache partition and reboot.
    You need to forget the network, turn off the scanning. Then rediscover your network and set it up. Good luck!
    01-06-2019 06:34 AM
    I was referring to networks in different homes.

How can I disable the security on the router, and will that affect other connections?
    01-09-2019 06:49 PM
    I have tried that already. It did not work.
    01-09-2019 06:49 PM
    I was referring to networks in different homes.

How can I disable the security on the router, and will that affect other connections?
    On your own router, you have to log into the router settings (typically using a web interface) to adjust the security settings. Read your router's manual to learn how.
    01-11-2019 11:49 PM