Recently became separated from my spouse. Shortly thereafter found they were receiving recordings of my cell conversations without my permission. Seemingly, I'd place, or receive, a phone call. Not long after hanging up my spouse would receive a copy of the audio from that call. First, how is that possible? Secondly, is it possible to install an app that doesn't show in the list (they are not technically savvy)? Third, is there an online service that would accomplish this task?
    01-06-2019 07:35 PM
    I'm not sure about your questions but I can assure you that illegal wiretapping (recording phone calls without knowledge of those involved) is a serious crime. I would be absolutely positive about your allegations and bring it to the attention of the proper authorities (local PD, Sheriff, state police, FBI even). Some states are single-party consent, some are 2-party consent but I don't think there are any that allow recording without at least one party on the call knowing it's being recorded unless there is a warrant from a court involved.
    01-06-2019 08:57 PM