I'm using Google Backup on our LGV30 phones to sync all of our data in case of phone loss or failure in the future. So far, all the syncs are working great on three different phones expect my wife's. For some reason, her contacts refuse to sync, and just sit in the "Waiting to backup" phase.

I've tried everything, even removed the Google account it backs up to and re-added it, turning sync off and on, restarting, backing the contacts up to the internal storage first, nothing works. Why is it stuck? This is the only phone this happens on, and I have a LGV30 with the exact same setup and it works fine.
    01-10-2019 12:41 PM
    Try going into the app manager and select the "Google Play Services" app (not to be confused with the Google Play app), then tap the permissions option and make sure the contacts permission is allowed. I had a similar issue a while back and that turned out to be the problem. Worth a check.
    01-10-2019 01:06 PM
    Try going into the app manager and select the "Google Play Services" app (not to be confused with the Google Play app), then tap the permissions option and make sure the contacts permission is allowed. I had a similar issue a while back and that turned out to be the problem. Worth a check.
    Thanks for the reply, but nothing seems to work. Tried removing all the old contacts and re-syncing them, updating the security patches, more toggling and nothing. It simply won't sync them for some odd reason. And I've verified the one phone is a mirror image of the other regarding settings. Quite frustrating.
    01-11-2019 10:15 PM
    And I've verified the one phone is a mirror image of the other regarding settings.
    Except for the Google account, right? Remove the Google account from her phone (she'll have to enter her password), then add it back as an existing account.
    01-12-2019 01:55 PM
    Except for the Google account, right? Remove the Google account from her phone (she'll have to enter her password), then add it back as an existing account.
    Yup, I tried this again yesterday and let it sync for a day. All the others work, it's still stuck on "waiting." I guess it could just be a glitch in her phone or something. Super frustrated, and I'm willing to try anything else. But not sure what else can be done.
    01-14-2019 09:58 PM
    I have had exactly the same with my phone since it was first set up out-of-the box 2 months ago.

However, when I go in to "Account sync" on my Google account it shows up has having been synced as normal along with my other apps so I've never thought more of it.
    01-14-2019 11:42 PM