A family member of mine has a Redmi Note 5 since last September and has been a very happy user when one day, with no warning beforehand, a semi-circular, ring spot appeared on the right hand side of the screen, it looks like THIS. It's not like it was getting worse for some time, it was just - one day it's OK, the next day, this appears. The phone hasn't been dropped, kept near any warm spot or constricted in any way, it has its separate pocket in the purse (and spends 95% of the day flat on the table anyways).

Googled a bit to see if that's a prevalent issue but only found a couple of people with similar problems, some of whom allegedly managed to have it go away on its own when changing the software (which sounds fishy to me but well, that's what they claim). Have you heard of similar issues with this model? Do you if there really is a way to have it go away on its own? What may have caused this? Worst case scenario, we'll send it in for warranty but that'll take weeks and we'd rather minimize the time without a sensible phone if it's possible
    01-20-2019 12:13 PM
    There's no screen protector on, correct? If there is, it's probably due to poor adherence in that area.

If there's no screen protector, then I'd tell that family member to make sure all important data is backed up, because you never know if the screen might suddenly fail. I'd definitely contact Xiaomi for warranty repair if you can.
    01-20-2019 01:24 PM
    Nope, no screen protector whatsoever. Well, that's too bad, hoped there would still be some hope left for the screen Thanks anyway!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-21-2019 03:39 PM