Facebook Virus?

Calin Florea

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Since December apparently i keep uploading on my "mobile uploads" section, this picture.
Screenshot_1.png
It is happening on times when i do not use my pc, so it's definitely something about the phone?. Using a rooted Pixel with android 8.1. Also the pic tags a bunch of people every time, and this happens sometimes even 3 times a day.
- Changed fb password, disables all the app in there, i do not have the facebook app on my phone, just messenger (i was happening even when i had only messenger lite), pc is clean for sure(virus, malware etc), phone idk, i'm not using anything that i wasn't using before it started happening.
I searched all over the place, nobody seems to have this problem, so i do not know what to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the General News forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for discussion about tech news.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about a Mobile Uploads section in your Facebook account? When you say you disabled all the apps, are you talking about in the Apps and Websites menu of your Facebook settings?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check the browsers on your computer and see if there are any unusual extensions. You might want to try removing all extensions and plugins as a test.

Calin Florea

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Check the browsers on your computer and see if there are any unusual extensions. You might want to try removing all extensions and plugins as a test.

Yeah, everything is clean and neat, nothing new there, also this happens when I'm not using my pc. Mostly when I'm at work like right now. Pc is all clean, like I said, anti-virus, anti malware and all that. The post times are mostly until 4pm for me, so when I'm at work. That's why I'm guessing it's a phone thing.
Or the extensions I do have in chrome, got "hacked", I have pop-up blocker and ad blocker, the popular ones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd still get rid of all extensions for now, and see if the problem still happens over the next couple of days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz