Problem with the SDK

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So after the news about the Desire's Gingerbread situation yesterday, I quickly decided there'll be some rooting around here. Didn't get very far into the process before running into a slight snag; when I try to run SDK Manager to download the additional packages for ADB, all I get is a black command prompt for a split second which then closes. Nothing else.

Ideas? I'm really wanting to get InsertCoin on my phone ASAP. >_<

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So after the news about the Desire's Gingerbread situation yesterday, I quickly decided there'll be some rooting around here. Didn't get very far into the process before running into a slight snag; when I try to run SDK Manager to download the additional packages for ADB, all I get is a black command prompt for a split second which then closes. Nothing else.

Ideas? I'm really wanting to get InsertCoin on my phone ASAP. >_<

Am not sure which method you are using to root.

Here's what I used last year;

How To: Root the HTC Desire | TheUnlockr

Also, before you get started, I highly suggest you create a "Gold Card" from your SD. If not, well............

Good Luck!!

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Running Windows 7 x86 and yes, it is installed on C:\.

The plan's to use Unrevoked to root and then flash from there. I'm still reading up on everything but I thought I'd at least get all the software installed in the meantime. How would I go about creating a goldcard?

Basically, I'm following this guide for the root process. My plan is to get that done and then get InsertCoin on there.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
How would I go about creating a goldcard?

You'll find the instructions for the gold card, on that link. Although I use CyanogenMod7, I'm not sure if insertcoin requires special partitions on your sd card. Better to follow their instructions, but, it you have an extra SD card, I would create a gold card from it, just in case. Always better to have a backup :D

And as always, if in doubt, ask the question FIRST.

There's a desire section on this site, so it may be better to post ROM and Rooting issues there.. Am sure it's going to see a lot of activity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams