I have a home security camera that I use my phone to view the video. The system is very unstable and unreliable. I think that it has so many apps on it, that when I try to force stop or disable, i get the option to restore the factory version or that doing so will cause other apps to misbehave, nothing like a toxic case of app masculinity! How do i purchase a device that can use wifi and view video from my cameras, but has no other apps especially all of the Google mind and money control; that they have managed to get their greedy little hands on.. Just an android to download the app for viewing and nothing else. no phone calls to mars, or messages or ordering food.. just video surveillance? I guess a used or refurbished one will do as well
    01-24-2019 05:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that it has more to do with a poorly designed app from the home security camera company. There are many security camera systems that work fine on Android devices. Another possibility is that some app you installed is causing instability -- you could try uninstalling all non-crucial apps from your phone and see if the security camera app works better.

It's true that certain manufacturers pile on a lot of useless bloatware (which could also cause instability), so if you want to avoid that, then stick with phones that are known for limiting the bloat, like Pixel phones, and maybe OnePlus and Nokia phones.

If you truly think Google is trying to control your mind and money, then an Android phone probably isn't right for you.

BTW, I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.
    01-25-2019 01:14 AM
    What system?
    01-25-2019 02:19 AM