I've gone into my General Settings on Android Central and made my preferences, for example I chose to get no emails to let me know when someone quoted my post.

The only thing I don't see a specific setting for is emails sent for 'mentions'. I've received these a few times, and it's no big deal, but I went back into settings to look for something that says you don't want to get an email when someone else mentions your user name and can't find anything.

Can someone guide me as to what to do for this? Thanks.
    01-28-2019 09:09 PM
    Have received a few more, is there a way not to get emails for mentions?
    02-26-2019 09:40 AM
    On the desktop forum website, click the gear icon at the upper right, then General Settings. Scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode, and change it to Through My Control Panel Only. (But this might not be ideal if you still want to get emailed for other things.)
    TechTimid likes this.
    02-26-2019 11:43 AM
    Thanks B.Diddy, I just did what you recommended. I had it set for Do Not Subscribe and thought that was good enough. I don't care to get emails, since I share the computer with my husband, but I do log onto the site to read the new posts and see if there's any PMs or anything.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-26-2019 01:06 PM
    Ok, let us know if the problem persists!
    TechTimid likes this.
    02-26-2019 01:13 PM
    The emails keep coming B.Diddy, even after I made the recommended changes. A couple of days ago I went and changed it back to Do Not Subscribe, and still getting them. I always click on Save Changes and never had an issue with a couple of other forums I belong to. Don't know what the problem can be.
    04-28-2019 09:35 PM
    I've gone into my General Settings on Android Central and made my preferences, for example I chose to get no emails to let me know when someone quoted my post.

The only thing I don't see a specific setting for is emails sent for 'mentions'. I've received these a few times, and it's no big deal, but I went back into settings to look for something that says you don't want to get an email when someone else mentions your user name and can't find anything.

Can someone guide me as to what to do for this? Thanks.
    If your talking about getting informed who quotes you in your personal email address, when you open the message across from who Andriod central and me is 3 dots give option to block anymore from AC
    TechTimid likes this.
    04-28-2019 09:49 PM
    Thanks Mustang. I just deleted another email this morning, the next time I get one I'll look for the 3 dots and block option.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-29-2019 02:40 PM
    Thanks Mustang. I just deleted another email this morning, the next time I get one I'll look for the 3 dots and block option.
    Ok cool
    TechTimid likes this.
    04-29-2019 04:37 PM
    Mustang, I just received an email for your quote above, there was no 3 dots, but my email did have a block option. I doubt if the Admin here would ever need to contact me, but hoping if they do they just send me a PM on the forum.

Thanks to all for your advice!
    05-01-2019 10:07 AM