Hey there.

I've been noticing a lot of lag on my phone. I have installed a few APKs (which I had virus scanned), but I have uninstalled them just in case.

PHONE SPECS: Motorola Moto E5 Dual SIM, 16GB (with 32GB MicroSD), 2GB Memory, Snapdragon 425 CPU.

I have also checked though the apps list for malware, checked the RAM usage, checked the battery usage, rebooted the phone. I've tried everything you can think of.

For confirmation, when I mean laggy, I don't mean that gameplay is slow. What's laggy is mainly the system animations, the time it takes to transition between apps and the home screen, and YouTube video playback (it sometimes skips multiple frames). Basically, the things that would normally run at 60fps don't.

But there was something interesting I found, and that was if I created another user account, it wasn't laggy.

Main question: Is there any way I can detect what is causing the lag?

I will be happy for a reply, and I WILL reply to you!

Kind regards.
    02-02-2019 04:42 AM
    What was the device that you had before this one?
    02-02-2019 08:46 AM
    Before this I had a windows phone.
    02-02-2019 05:09 PM
    And it was horrible
    02-02-2019 05:09 PM
    You can try a Factory Reset or try uninstalling some Apps you don't Use you can also go to your developer options and turn off your Animations which makes it a little Snappier
    02-02-2019 05:24 PM
    This is reposted this to get more views

My brand new phone is suddenly really laggy. It is slow opening apps and switching apps, and going to the home screen. I have tried everything to opening fix it and have no idea what's causing it.

Is there any way to see what apps are running in the background and causing the lag (no root)?

Any help will be appreciated.
    02-02-2019 11:37 PM
    Phone? Software? These are the basics of you want accurate information from us.
    You can see running services in developers options, you can see what uses battery in battery settings.
    You can boot up in safe mode and see if it's still slow. Have you installed any apps on it just before it got laggy?
    You can limit background activity from data usage, you can make apps sleep when screen is off with app closed from battery settings.
    You can also kill animations from developers options to speed things up... There's much you can do
    Try cache partition wipe also.
    02-03-2019 01:07 AM
    Threads merged.
    The approved way of bringing a thread to the attention of members is to add a 'bump' post, which may be done up to once per 24h. Creating a new thread causes confusion, as it has done here.
    You've also created a new thread about this in another forum, which is also counter to the rules. I've locked that.
    Long before you created the new thread in this forum, you had a reply from @Haley Chris in the original one, which it seems to me deserves a response from you.

You're a new member, as we all were once, and it's worth taking a look at this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=778825
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    02-03-2019 04:52 AM
    Is there any way to see what apps are running in the background and causing the lag
    Not really, because an app running in the background doesn't cause lag. This is Android, not Windows.

In Windows, if Windows has to free up RAM, it has to swap a program, including all its data and its current state, to disk. That takes time, and is one of the main causes of lag. (It's why using an SSD speeds up everything, not just booting.)

In Android, the app has to keep track of its data and status at all times, so if Android need the space, it just kills the app. That takes nanoseconds, and doesn't cause any amount of lag you can notice. (Even killing a dozen apps doesn't take enough time that you'd notice.)

First, the phone has only 16GB total storage (the SD card doesn't count at this point) and only 2GB of RAM - that's small for today's apps. That's a major case of lag. Another is one particular app you're running (which isn't getting run in the guest account) that's using a lot of CPU cycles.

You can try SystemPanelLite or SystemPanel 2 (no root) to see what' running in the background.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    02-03-2019 12:07 PM