Battery app for always on phone

alexondrums

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to use an old phone as an IP Camera. Therefore it will be plugged in and charging 24/7.

Does anyone know of an app that will do the following:

- Slowly trickle charge the phone whilst plugged in
- When the charge reaches x% it stops charging and runs off the battery until x% then automatically starts charging again. - Repeat and loop forever...

The phone gets warm when charging and it probably doesn't do it much good charging 100% of the time.

I've looked for apps but can only find things like fast charging, battery savers, calibrators, indicators, repairs, alarms etc.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Magisk Charging Switch, but you have to root the phone using Magisk. You can set it however you want - 70 70 will start charging when it drops to 69%, then shut off at 70%. 90 40 will start charging when it drops to 40%, then stop at 90%.

alexondrums

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this! I had a look and seems to do what i want but i was hoping for something a bit more straight forward like and app with a GUI that you can just install from Playstore, as this appears to require a convoluted install procedure, and then terminal interface to use it.

In the end I found exactly the app i was looking for in Battery Charge Limit, which has been working perfectly and is highly recommended for anyone wanting to do something similar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance