I own two Lg Stylo 2s. One was my brothers and no longer works except I can charge it. So what I'll do is I charge it and use the charged battery in my phone and trade out when needed. This may not be the cause but it seems like perfect timing. (I've been doing this battery trade thing for a while ~a year or so). It was pretty routine. My phone died, so I traded the batteries. But when my phone turned on I noticed that the lock was off, background was gone, and I can no longer use my home button or my tab button. I figured it must've just been a glitch so I went in to just turn them back on. But the lock, no matter what lock I choose, will work at all. And when I restart my phone the background goes away. My phone still works fine, I just find this to be a major inconvenience that I can't at least lock my phone. I've tried restarting it, leaving the battery out for a bit to let it restart, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Please help and I'll be super grateful lol.
    02-14-2019 06:38 PM
    Does this trouble persist in Safe Mode?
    02-14-2019 07:16 PM
    I own two Lg Stylo 2s. One was my brothers and no longer works except I can charge it. So what I'll do is I charge it and use the charged battery in my phone and trade out when needed. This may not be the cause but it seems like perfect timing. (I've been doing this battery trade thing for a while ~a year or so). It was pretty routine. My phone died, so I traded the batteries. But when my phone turned on I noticed that the lock was off, background was gone, and I can no longer use my home button or my tab button. I figured it must've just been a glitch so I went in to just turn them back on. But the lock, no matter what lock I choose, will work at all. And when I restart my phone the background goes away. My phone still works fine, I just find this to be a major inconvenience that I can't at least lock my phone. I've tried restarting it, leaving the battery out for a bit to let it restart, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Please help and I'll be super grateful lol. (Sorry can't access last post about this)
    02-14-2019 10:49 PM
    Duplicate threads merged. In order to respond to a thread, you need to register on this forum first: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html

Here's how to boot into Safe Mode, as suggested by belodion: https://devicehelp.boostmobile.com/s...vate_Safe_Mode
    02-15-2019 03:31 AM
    Does this trouble persist in Safe Mode?
    Yes, it still does have all the problems in safe mode.
    belodion likes this.
    02-16-2019 08:00 PM
    Welcome as a new member.

I can't think of any likely explanation, unless it's a software or hardware fault. The Stylo 2 forum is no longer very active, so instead I'll move the thread to General Help & How To, where it may fare better.
    02-16-2019 08:14 PM
    You may have to try a factory reset. I'd normally suggest wiping the system cache partition, but LG doesn't let the user do that.
    02-16-2019 10:09 PM
    You may have to try a factory reset. I'd normally suggest wiping the system cache partition, but LG doesn't let the user do that.
    That's a shame. The phone still works fine it's just an inconvenience. Thanks for the try anyway 👌 Don't knoe if i wanna go through the trouble of a reset though.
    02-18-2019 12:37 AM