It might not matter, but I have a Moto E5 Play phone. I know if I want to use digital coupons for a supermarket (like Safeway), I'd have to sign up and get their store app on my phone.

I see some digital coupons on the shelves below an item in the store. My question is, what part of the phone is used to scan these digital coupons? How do you scan anything with your phone?
    02-18-2019 09:58 PM
    You likely need a store specific app that is programmed to use the camera to recognize those codes. All of these codes are "scanned" by taking a photo, but you can't simply use the camera app to snap a photo. It doesn't know how to recognize and interpret them. If it's a QR code (looks like a bunch of squares and rectangles that make up a larger square), you may have some luck with a generic QR code app, but unlikely. I know Wal-Mart has QR codes on their receipts to let you upload them into their app for future reference, which a generic QR app would be able to understand. At best it might recognize a Wal-Mart url embedded in it that takes you to their website.
    Laura Knotek and TechTimid like this.
    02-18-2019 11:07 PM
    Thanks Mooncatt.
    02-22-2019 09:05 PM