Tethering, Running Apps, Charging, Overheat

mendochris

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, here's my problem: For the next while I'm going to be using my DROID2 for access, ugh. Well after reading everything I've read about ATK, I've decided to not use the killer. However between the tethering, the background apps and usually needing to charge while doing so, I've had major problems with overheating. I do go into app mgmt and kill everything unnecessary but just like ATK so many of them just turn right back on. Is this I hope just operator error on my part? is there something or some other method of killing apps and keeping them down until I turn them back on. Please advise, thank you.

Christian

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, here's my problem: For the next while I'm going to be using my DROID2 for access, ugh. Well after reading everything I've read about ATK, I've decided to not use the killer. However between the tethering, the background apps and usually needing to charge while doing so, I've had major problems with overheating. I do go into app mgmt and kill everything unnecessary but just like ATK so many of them just turn right back on. Is this I hope just operator error on my part? is there something or some other method of killing apps and keeping them down until I turn them back on. Please advise, thank you.

Christian

Your overheating is probably just due to the tethering, as that seems to create a lot of heat. Is it overheating to dangerous levels, or does it just feel warm?

Sent from my Captivate

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, you mentioned charging. Are you charging from a USB port? It's normal for some phones to get hot when charging from USB. USB just doesn't have the mustard to cover the sausage.

As IS said, it's probably due to tethering, or a combination of both.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
What is the typical overheating range for a battery?

Not sure, but I've heard around 60 C is dangerous. I've never had one get above 45, and that was while tethering with USB and heavily OCed. I wouldn't get worried unless it goes over 45.

OP: You can install an app called System Panel Lite which will give you the current battery temp. What is it when the warning comes up? If you're getting a warning repeatedly, it may be a hardware issue.

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, but I've heard around 60 C is dangerous. I've never had one get above 45, and that was while tethering with USB and heavily OCed. I wouldn't get worried unless it goes over 45.

OP: You can install an app called System Panel Lite which will give you the current battery temp. What is it when the warning comes up? If you're getting a warning repeatedly, it may be a hardware issue.

thanks

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I would suspect, a combination of all of the above...

I never charge from USB, basically, as I am oc'd. That said, when I tether, it is common for my cpu to hit about 49 degrees. Albeit for a short time. SetCpu downclocks my speed at that point, to a more manageble 950mhz.
I suggest SetCpu, to manage your temp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae