Coming from iPhone were used to the family be able to iMessage. Does android have anything similar to that?
    03-02-2019 04:25 PM
    No. Samsung messenges has some of the features like read receipts and stuff and you can see when they are typing, but you still can't send huge files or high quality pictures. That is why you would have to use WhatsApp between the phones. I've been on iOS for years, and its hard to get away from iMessage especially if your family is all on it. But its doable, you just have to give it a chance and work around it. The benefits going to Android outweigh iMessage by a lot.

If you have a MAC you could use AirMessage and it would work on an Android. It works actually pretty good, but I would only use it if need be.
    03-02-2019 05:52 PM
    I use Google's Hangouts. Despite the "the sky is falling" reports of Hangouts "going way", it really just seems like a re-branding, there are many reports of "Hangouts Chat" sticking around. I'm going to use it until it doesn't work anymore, especially for the cross-device texting capability I get on Google Fi.

Then there is RCS, which Android Messages supports (and requires the carriers and text apps for both parties support it). I believe Samsung Messages supports it also, and it may be cross-carrier compatible. https://www.androidcentral.com/rcs-f...messages-users

RCS and Hangouts are about as close to Apple's solution as you're going to get on Android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-02-2019 09:02 PM