ZTE Phone

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
It's a ZTE Sapphire Model Z3001S Android version 7.1.1 and yes I'm new at this so kinda dun it down for me please. I disabled the Android system webview and I've gone to the setting systems apps but there is no enable button. Can y'all help me. Keep in mind that I'm new at this and please b kind. That's my question how do I get the Android system webview back on again without have to factory reset the phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. After Nougat the Android System Webview functionality was included in the Chrome app, so the old Webview app stays disabled unless you disable Chrome. Why do you need to enable it? Are you having any problem with your phone?

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
I'm not even sure what it is supposed to do. It just said system webview and it seemed like it might be important to have working.. But now it keep disconnecting from WiFi. I read that if I disable the auto networking switch that it would stop that but I don't know how to do that either.

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
I keep running out of storage. I installed a micro 32 sdhc card and formatted it for internal storage but that hasn't helped. If I want to update anything I have to first go any delete all the cache data from every app that's on the phone and there r a lot of preinstalled apps that I don't want or use and there isn't a way to install them. I would appreciate any help I can get. I installed the mobile Android central app but had to uninstall it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

If you're on Nougat, and you have Chrome installed, Chrome does what Android System Webview is meant for. So Android System Webview is automatically Disabled when you have Chrome installed. If you don't have Chrome installed and Android System Webview is Disabled, then go to Settings>Apps, tap the Menu button (the 3-dot button at the upper right), then Show System, and then select Android System Webview. Tap the Enable button.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz