Hi,
    I've written a few reviews on Google Play and they came up with the name "a Google user", which is fine. But all of a sudden my reviews have my real name on them. I would like to change that. Googling suggests there should be an 'about me' option under settings on my phone, but it doesn't appear to be there on my Samsung J5.
    There is an option to change my name on Google play's app settings, but I'm worried that would change my name on everything?

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.
    03-07-2019 08:27 AM
    It might be connected to your Google account. If you go to the main google page and click on your icon at the upper right, you should get a link to your account. See if you can change that and if that is what is shown on Google services.
    03-07-2019 09:50 AM
    Hi, yeah that is the same page that I found through Google Play. It says if I change my name it changes it on everything, but I just want it removing from my Google Play reviews. It looks like I will just have to delete the reviews.

Google had now saved my credit card details on autofill, though I've never given permission for this. I don't want to turn off autofill as it is handy for some things, but surely it should be seeking permission for this?

This was one of the things that had kept me away from Android phones for so long. Google is so intrusive and the permissions and hunting them down are so long winded. Everything was so much clearer with W10 phones.
    03-07-2019 04:24 PM
    Ok, have found how to turn off the cc autofill, it is in Chrome settings. I assume this won't affect my Play account as this is set up with PayPal?
    03-07-2019 04:32 PM
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure. I usually buy play credit and stick to that.
    Ixia2 likes this.
    03-07-2019 04:40 PM
    Oh, thanks for reminding me about Play credit, I'm sure I've seen the cards for sale locally, will take a look.

No idea, why the title on this thread has changed to an 8 though, lol.
    03-07-2019 05:57 PM
    Probably a server error. I can change it if you want. I couldn't remember the original title.
    Oh, thanks for reminding me about Play credit, I'm sure I've seen the cards for sale locally, will take a look.

No idea, why the title on this thread has changed to an 8 though, lol.
    03-08-2019 02:06 PM
    In addition, the reason I get Play credit is not because I don't trust Google, it's actually a way for me to stop myself from buying $100 of songs in a day. Lol.

Edit: another way to get credit is you can install the Google rewards app. You answer surveys and get rewards credited to your account. Sure, you are telling Google some personal info, but it's usually if you were in a specific retailer and what method of payment you used.
    03-08-2019 02:07 PM
    Probably a server error. I can change it if you want. I couldn't remember the original title.
    That"s OK, I can't remember either

Thanks for the tip about rewards, I'll take a look.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    03-08-2019 02:35 PM
    That"s OK, I can't remember either

Thanks for the tip about rewards, I'll take a look.
    Sorry about not being able to address the other parts of your issue.

As for Play rewards, I have earned quite a bit over the past few years.
    Ixia2 likes this.
    03-08-2019 04:55 PM