apps reset when phone switches to roaming network

gigatigga

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone, I just got an lg genesis from us cellular. I'm posting this here instead of the genesis forum to hopfully get some light shed on the subject.

My apartment is located in fringe usc coverage so the phone flops between roaming and home several times a minute, depending on where I am in my house. This doesn't bother me too much, except every time my phone does this, whatever app I'm in, reloads. So if I'm on a web page, the page reloads, if I'm playing a game, the game restarts. This happens with all apps, and if I turn the cell radio to off, the apps function without issues.

Does anyone know if this is a froyo issue, or specific to this phone? I have had many android phones in the past and don't recall this being an issue. Any thoughts or recomendations would be great, thanks a bunch!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is pretty normal.

Considering you are on the fringe of multiple networks.

Your phone is smart enough, to understand when a signal is just about to break, at that time, it switches to a network which is strong enough to support the demand. Especially if you have roaming enabled. And it doesn't always mean it will keep you on the same network. Most companies have agreements with each other when it concerns roaming.

It doesn't always mean you lost complete signal from your normal network. When you turned your radio off, I suspect, it tries to hang on to the last known signal.

Keep in mind, when some folks turn the radio off, depending on what one defines as "radio", it kills the whole system.

gigatigga

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I do understand the roaming aspect, which I'm fine with. The part that is broken is that the app I'm using resets. So as I mentioned above, if I'm watching a video, it starts over, if I'm playing a game, it reloads, if I'm on a web page, it refreshes. Seems to be triggered by switching to a roaming network. If I set it to home only, the app doesn't reset at either network disconnect or reconnect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance