Software update for Samsung s8+ SM-955U

Mar 17, 2019
Visit site
HI all,

A friend of mine bought me a Samsung S8+ SM-955U from China. The phone is working fine but I have never received any software update. I am still on Android 7.0. When I try to manually update the phone it says " The latest update have already been installed.". The current version is g955USQS1AQI6/G955UOYN1AQI6/955USQS1AQI6.
The phone is unlocked and I am using it in South Africa and my carrier is Vodacom SA.
Please I need help to update the phone cause I cannot use features such as Wifi Calling.
Please find below details about the phone:

Device Name : Galaxy S8+
Model number: SM-G955U
Android version: 7.0
Samsung Experience version: 8.1
Android security patch level: 1 Auguste 2017
Baseband version: 955USQS1AQI6

Thank you in advance for your help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
These are the regions where the update has been released, you can check out if your phone is supposed to have it or not. Remember, the region is where the phone was intended for sale, NOT where you're using it. Also, if it was carrier branded and then unlocked, it might still be blocking updates unless you have an original carrier SIM (ATT used to do this).
https://samdb.org/model/SM-G955U/

As for WiFi calling, the update might not guarantee that you'll be able to use it. First make sure that your carrier supports WiFi calling for this specific model AND with unlocked models (again, some carriers lock this to carrier-branded phones only).