I need to get accessories for a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, but need the model number first, and it is not printed anywhere on the outside of the device. I was hoping that there existed an image depository displaying pics of each version. I don't yet know how to use it and the charge is almost depleted. The only info I get when I turn it on is "Verizon Wireless".
    03-22-2019 03:39 AM
    Mine has a small tag on the backside about an inch above the lower edge.
    Most any 1 amp transformer power cord with the correct male end will work to charge. DON'T test the fit with the transformer plugged in!
    03-22-2019 05:05 AM
    Go to settings and look for About Device. The model number would be there.
    Chuckcell and Rukbat like this.
    03-22-2019 05:08 AM
    And any cellphone charger should work, although if the tablet has a "fast charge" mode, a plain old charger won't charge it fast. But there hasn't been a cellphone charger sold in the past 5 years that won't at least charge it. The connector is either a microUSB or a Type C.

Can someone help me determine what Samsung Galaxy Tablet I have?-microusb.png

Can someone help me determine what Samsung Galaxy Tablet I have?-type-c.png
    Type C

(Notice that the microUSB has one short side and one long side [the short side is on top] - the Type C is oval, with both sides the same length.)
    03-22-2019 05:21 PM
    Thanks everyone.

The tablet is a Galaxy 7.0. And the is no opening that corresponds to the two types of cell phone charger cords I have.

Also, is Verizon wireless the only service I can use?

(I've never own a tablet before).

Thanks.

Darren
    03-22-2019 05:52 PM
    Galaxy 7.0 that is not microUSB or USB-C?
    That would be either the Galaxy Tab 2, the Galaxy Tab Plus, or the original Galaxy Tab. It's going to be using the proprietary Samsung 32 pin port.

You're going to need this charging cable: https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Samsu...cUvbUpU6510318

Read this review to learn about it:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...review-706.php
    https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...review-781.php
    03-22-2019 08:00 PM
    Yes. The model number of the tablet is SCH 1800.

I guess I'm on my way, thanks a lot.

Statenislander
    03-22-2019 08:22 PM
    I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.
    03-23-2019 01:11 AM
    I have charging cables now, but I can only get the charge up to 52%. That's plugging the Galaxy 7.0 directly into a PC USB port. Which is odd since the Amazon and GSmarina links above say, "Computer + usb data cable can not charge. Please use the AC adapter to charge with this cable!", and "No USB charging" respectively. ?!?

Also does anyone know the maximum size MicroSD card I can use with this tablet?

Lastly, I have Spectrum WiFi at home, but cannot make a connection. I get the message "No Network Connection" "Unable to load page. Internet not Connected". Even though at the very top I sometimes get the flashed message, "WiFi Networks Available".

Certain webpages do however work at my place of employment. (But I've not been able to get a connection anywhere else).

Here is a list of some of these tabs:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0" GT-P1010
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0" GT-P1000
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0" SGH-I987 (AT&T)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0" SPH-P100 (Sprint)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0" SGH-T849 (T-Mobile)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0" SCH-I800 (Verizon) (US Cellular)

Mine is the SCH-I800.

Any help would be appreciated.

Statenislander
    04-10-2019 02:54 PM
    Lastly, I have Spectrum WiFi at home, but cannot make a connection. I get the message "No Network Connection" "Unable to load page. Internet not Connected". Even though at the very top I sometimes get the flashed message, "WiFi Networks Available".
    The connection being available and the tablet being connected to said connection are two different animals. Did Spectrum provide your WiFi router? Have they provided you the info needed in order to connect new devices? Use that info. If they did not provide it, call customer support, it should be on file with your account.

Seeing as there are different model numbers for different carriers I would venture to say that Verizon and USCC are the only carriers that device will connect to IF you decide you want to set up mobile data on it.

I can't find a specs page on that exact tablet, but considering it's using the charging cable that it is I would venture it's a pretty old device. Well, shoot, if it's the same as the GT-P1010 that's a REALLY old device (released in 2011). I'm curious what you're using it for, considering it has no support for apps and hasn't for several years...
    04-10-2019 08:47 PM
    What do you mean by setting up mobile data?

As I mentioned I'm completely new to tablets, and my plan (hope) is to use the tablet like I use my desktop. (Though these mobile versions of websites are extremely limited).

I can now connect to the internet, but the security certificate "pop up" is still a problem sometimes.

Is it possible to transfer data (Text documents, webpages, videos, ect.) from the tablet to my desktop PC?

And I still cannot figure out why it will only charge slowly via USB up to 59% tops and doesn't charge at all from an electrical outlet. (Though it did go as high as 69% once).

And lastly, does anyone have an idea of what the largest microSD card this tablet will take?

Thanks.

Statenislander
    04-17-2019 06:22 AM
    I can now connect to the internet, but the security certificate "pop up" is still a problem sometimes.
    This may be due to the age of the device and what security protocols it supports.

Is it possible to transfer data (Text documents, webpages, videos, ect.) from the tablet to my desktop PC?
    Maybe. If you plug it into the PC through USB you should be able to access the storage on the device, but where those documents are stored matters. You likely won't be able to do any kind of cloud sync as all of the big names have moved past supporting the OS on that device. Speaking of the OS, can you look in the about device section and let us know what OS is on that?

And I still cannot figure out why it will only charge slowly via USB up to 59% tops and doesn't charge at all from an electrical outlet. (Though it did go as high as 69% once)
    It's quite possible this is as good as it'll get if it's the original battery. There may even be a problem with the battery, which is causing the charge circuit to slow the charge rate. When you're charging from an electrical outlet - what is the output rating of the adapter you're using?
    04-18-2019 07:42 AM
    Maybe. If you plug it into the PC through USB you should be able to access the storage on the device, but where those documents are stored matters.
    When I plug the tablet into my PC's USB port it comes up as a CD drive. Clicking it gets me, "Please insert a disk into the CD drive".

You likely won't be able to do any kind of cloud sync as all of the big names have moved past supporting the OS on that device. Speaking of the OS, can you look in the about device section and let us know what OS is on that?
    I don't know what "Cloud sync" is, but all I care about is the ability to transfer data (Documents, videos, ect.) between it and my PC.

As for the OS. I assume Android 2.2 (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=hBcvbDjb).

It's quite possible this is as good as it'll get if it's the original battery. There may even be a problem with the battery, which is causing the charge circuit to slow the charge rate. When you're charging from an electrical outlet - what is the output rating of the adapter you're using?
    I don't know about the output rating but I finally managed to get a charge of 99%. (It takes a very long time).

Also, here are some interesting videos:

Thanks.

Statenislander
    04-18-2019 02:59 PM
    Development on CyanogenMod has ceased (and the site is now dead), LineageOS has replaced it and does not appear to have a version for that device. On a device running 2.2 I doubt you'll find a 3rd-party ROM that is going to support current security protocols/standards. In fact - the current OS version supported for app installs from the Play Store was released after the last date in that CyanogenMod video.

Honestly, you need to make a difficult decision - is this thing worth the effort to get working vs. going to WalMart and grabbing a modern tablet, but one running 8 or higher? What can be done with the one you have is going to be VERY limited.
    04-18-2019 04:47 PM
    Development on CyanogenMod has ceased (and the site is now dead), LineageOS has replaced it and does not appear to have a version for that device. On a device running 2.2 I doubt you'll find a 3rd-party ROM that is going to support current security protocols/standards. In fact - the current OS version supported for app installs from the Play Store was released after the last date in that CyanogenMod video.

Honestly, you need to make a difficult decision - is this thing worth the effort to get working vs. going to WalMart and grabbing a modern tablet, but one running 8 or higher? What can be done with the one you have is going to be VERY limited.
    So are you saying I won't be able to transfer and watch videos(movies) and audio (mp3s)?

Thanks.

Statenislander
    04-18-2019 10:11 PM