I'm constantly getting this annoying popup from Google on my android phone telling me to complete setup, to install more of their apps.

The phone already came with a lot of apps on it, and I have used the Google Play Store app to install a GPS mileage app that I wanted. I don't want any other apps at this time, and have no need or want for the ones that they insist I install.

They want me to install the following:

Google Docs
    Google Sheets
    Google Slides
    Cloud Print

I use my phone for very little, like phone calls and the occasional text. If I want to do anything of importance, I do it on my desktop computer.

The only option when I get this popup is to tap OK....and I do not want to do that. It also says it will install as soon as WIFI is available.

Am I forced to accept these apps from Google? If I am, can I uninstall them afterwards, I don't want them on the phone.
    04-12-2019 08:35 PM
    What are you doing when you see these popups? Are you accessing Google Drive? Show us a screenshot of the message.
    TechTimid likes this.
    04-12-2019 08:59 PM
    Ditto B. Diddy.

I've never encountered this, so it would be a great help to see what you're seeing.
    B. Diddy and TechTimid like this.
    04-12-2019 09:03 PM
    I don't know which OS you're running but this is how to stop it on Pie, so hopefully the routing below is similar for you.

Go to Settings then Apps & notifications. Hopefully you will then see a heading "Recently opened apps", below which you should find "See all <number> apps" - open this.

Next, tap on the three dot menu in the top right corner and select "Show system". Scroll down until you find "Android setup", looking for the one with the gear wheel as shown in the screenshot and disable it.

It may be worth selecting "Force stop" first and clearing the storage but this shouldn't make any difference.

How Do I Get Rid of Annoying Google Popup Demanding I Install More of Their Apps?-screenshot_20190413-091519.jpeg
    TechTimid likes this.
    04-13-2019 03:48 AM
    Ditto B. Diddy.

I've never encountered this, so it would be a great help to see what you're seeing.
    Sorry I took so long to reply, I had to get instructions on how to take a screenshot, then I wasn't sure how to upload it to the forum since I don't have an app for here. So I emailed it to my desktop and it looks like only the top part copied.

It usually happened when I was powering up the phone. I was able to get it to show on the first (lock?) screen by pressing the off button to go into ready/sleep mode, then pressed it again to get that first lock screen.

But usually I see it when starting up the phone and sometimes before powering down. I don't use Drive for anything. Here it is, what's cut off is what I wrote in the OP.

How Do I Get Rid of Annoying Google Popup Demanding I Install More of Their Apps?-screenshot_20190413-214045.png
    04-13-2019 11:00 PM
    That does look vaguely familiar now ... remind us, which phone do you have?

If you install the apps, can you uninstall them afterwards, or does it only allow you to disable them?
    04-14-2019 03:38 AM
    I have the Moto E5 Play phone, I don't know if those apps can be uninstalled or just disabled. New to this, I haven't tried to eliminate any apps that came on the phone.
    04-14-2019 10:19 AM
    The screen you got suggests that they weren't preinstalled. Try uninstalling them.
    04-14-2019 06:51 PM
    They haven't been insalled yet. The popup keeps insisting that I tap OK to install them. I don't want to install them and think there should be an option rather than clicking OK and then going through the trouble of uninstalling or disabling them. There is no option to say no, not interested.

The popup continues, no way to get rid of it. Google won't take no for an answer, even if it's the owner of the phone who should be able to choose apps, data usage and storage on their personal devices? That's the issue, am I forced to click OK and install these apps that I do not want?
    04-14-2019 07:16 PM
    I can't say for sure, but if you are forced to install them, and then are able to subsequently uninstall them, that would still be better than having the apps preinstalled on the phone with no way to uninstall (which is so common with many phones).
    04-14-2019 07:20 PM
    I'm constantly getting this annoying popup from Google on my android phone telling me to complete setup, to install more of their apps.

The phone already came with a lot of apps on it, and I have used the Google Play Store app to install a GPS mileage app that I wanted. I don't want any other apps at this time, and have no need or want for the ones that they insist I install.

They want me to install the following:

Google Docs
    Google Sheets
    Google Slides
    Cloud Print

I use my phone for very little, like phone calls and the occasional text. If I want to do anything of importance, I do it on my desktop computer.

The only option when I get this popup is to tap OK....and I do not want to do that. It also says it will install as soon as WIFI is available.

Am I forced to accept these apps from Google? If I am, can I uninstall them afterwards, I don't want them on the phone.
    That's Apps Suggestions ,once you clear it couple times should not pop up anymore
    TechTimid likes this.
    04-14-2019 09:04 PM
    Thanks for your reply B.Diddy. Mustang, is there something I need to do to 'clear' it? I usually look at it, never tap OK, and then go to the home screen.

Anything else I need to do, because it still shows every day one or more times?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-14-2019 10:20 PM
    Thanks for your reply B.Diddy. Mustang, is there something I need to do to 'clear' it? I usually look at it, never tap OK, and then go to the home screen.

Anything else I need to do, because it still shows every day one or more times?
    There should be a X to clear it out if I remember correctly .
    04-14-2019 10:24 PM
    Thanks Mustang, but there is no X anywhere to clear or close that screen. There is only the blue OK to allow the installs.

I just think the owner of the phone should have the freedom to choose the apps they want on their device without being forced, and it looks that way to me right now.

Even if the popup was seen once a week or month, it wouldn't be as annoying as several times a day.
    04-15-2019 10:29 AM
    Well I gave a suggestion so I suggest you try it - it won't break your phone.

As the app name implies "Android Setup" is to set up your phone, whether out-of-the-box or following a factory reset.

Once you have set up your phone - how YOU want it - it's really not needed at all. I had a similar issue when I upgraded to Pie around 6 months ago: disabled it and....Gone!
    04-15-2019 02:00 PM
    Well I gave a suggestion so I suggest you try it - it won't break your phone.

As the app name implies "Android Setup" is to set up your phone, whether out-of-the-box or following a factory reset.

Once you have set up your phone - how YOU want it - it's really not needed at all. I had a similar issue when I upgraded to Pie around 6 months ago: disabled it and....Gone!
    Thanks for your suggestion Sizzers, you mentioned 'Pie', and honestly I don't even know what that is, and I doubt I have that on my phone. It's an inexpensive Moto E5 Play with Google Chrome as the browser.
    04-17-2019 10:38 PM
    It's an inexpensive Moto E5 Play with Google Chrome as the browser.
    I'm guessing then that it comes with Android Oreo.

I should have thought of a simpler way for this so if you open "Settings" and look at the top of the page there will be a search box. Type in "Android setup", press on the one with a gear wheel/cog by it when it shows up and then press "Disable".

Ignore the pop up message which will then appear and press "Disable it". It WON'T break your phone or it's functionality, but it should clear the problem.
    TechTimid likes this.
    04-18-2019 01:16 AM
    Thanks Sizzers.
    04-18-2019 09:16 PM
    Thanks Sizzers.
    Well only thank me if it works!

Please let us know how you get on.
    04-19-2019 03:26 AM
    When I typed that into the search box at the top of settings, I got "No Results".
    04-19-2019 09:32 PM
    I have found the search box on occasions to be a little temperamental which is why I suggested the original longer routing.

Although I have no experience of the Oreo version of Android which is the one previous to mine (Pie), I would have thought it would have been named the same or something similar but perhaps not.

You could try searching on "Android set" or just "Setup" and see if anything similar shows up in the drop down search results.
    04-20-2019 03:14 AM
    Toggle your Android set up back on.
    Open the playstore, settings, confirm no auto update is toggled.
    Clear the cache partition and reboot.
    If it persists more then twice in 1 boot up, follow the advice by others above if not done yet and dusable/force stop the Google apps you don't want.
    Good luck
    TechTimid and Javier P like this.
    04-20-2019 03:42 AM
    Thanks to all for your time and advice. Methodman, your suggestion about no auto update seems to have worked, thank you.
    04-20-2019 03:28 PM
    Thanks to all for your time and advice. Methodman, your suggestion about no auto update seems to have worked, thank you.
    Good to hear. Did you also toggle Android setup on?
    04-20-2019 08:39 PM
    I just changed that no auto update setting because now my GPS app isn't functioning properly today. I never saw a toggle for Android setup. Thanks anyway, but I think I'll just deal with the popup, or let them install the apps and try to disable them, since I understand I won't be able to removed them.
    04-21-2019 02:52 PM