Migrate Viber media to a new phone

Rukovodilac

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
I backed up Viber to G drive and copied viber folder to computer. After setting up the viber on the new phone, chat was restored from the on line back up. However the copied viber folder with media files is not linked with chats. Is there a way to link those images/movies to chats?

Rukovodilac

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I use Galaxy S8 and I'm not fond of rooting the phone. I'm curious though, what's the difference in copying the media files regularly (on non-rooted phone) and on the rooted one? The files are there, it's just Viber that doesn't link them with chats. Is there a way to manually link them, one by one? Strange, there's one image in 4-months-old chat that's visible in the chat. Why's that image different? Thanks

Last edited:

Rukovodilac

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I use Galaxy S8 and I'm not fond of rooting the phone. I'm curious though, what's the difference in copying the media files regularly (on non-rooted phone) and on the rooted one? The files are there, it's just Viber that doesn't link them with chats. Is there a way to manually link them, one by one? Strange, there's one image in 4-months-old chat that's visible in the chat. Why's that image different? Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek