Error loading type library/DLL. Can not transfer files to PC from tablet.

XAEMOS XONE

May 4, 2019
Visit site
Until recently I had no issues transferring files to or from PC and Tablet. At this time I can still transfer files tot he Tablet but not from the tablet. I find it odd that this just recently began to happen. It started about 2 weeks ago. I just hope I do not have to totally factory reset my PC or Tablet to fix this. Is there any program out there that would track down and repair this issue?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The fact that is says "DLL" means that it's a Windows program.

You could try uninstalling the driver for the tablet (if you have one installed), then downloading and installing it. (But Windows should recognize the tablet as a USB drive without anything additional.) You may have to go as far as doing a repair boot on Windows, depending on which DLL got corrupted. (If it happened only once, unplug the tablet, then plug it in again and see if that fixes it. If not, unplug the tablet, shut the PC off, start it up again, plug the tablet in and see if it works.

If not, there's a bad DLL (which is a library - DLL stands for dynamic link library) in the PC. There should be a partition for repair. Or try Start > PC Settings > Update and Security > Recovery if there isn't one you can find.