Blackview A20 Pro - Fix for clock not updating in Notification Bar

AndyH57

May 19, 2019
Visit site
I recently changed phone to a Blackview A20 Pro sim-free and I'm running it on EE network (UK) and noticed that the clock in the notification bar did not update while the screen was on. Clock display shows correct time after returning from Lock Screen then remains static. 3rd Party clock widget display was updating. Nothing I tried with clock/alarm on system would alter it.

After trawling many forums on internet I found a partial solution here on AndroidCentral for a similar problem on a Samsung phone.

In System -> Date & Time, turn OFF automatic date & time option. Clock started updating immediately.

There is very little info on Blackview A20 Pro phones out there and as it took me a few days to resolve this I thought I'd post this here in case someone else is struggling as I was.

In addition, I also discovered that despite alarms being set correctly, they would sometimes fail to be triggered. The solution appears to be that when the system is cleaned (automatically or manually) the clock/alarm appears to be wiped so Clock needs to be added to the cleaning White List which is only found under:
Recent Items screen -> Tool icon -> White List. Then toggle Clock to locked padlock symbol. Best to include any other apps that you want to be running in push notification mode (e.g. email/Whatsapp/etc.) as deep cleaning appears to wipe these out until app is run manually or phone rebooted.

Hope this saves someone some time and headaches.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for posting your solutions! That's an odd bug -- sounds like a firmware glitch. Does it also happen in Safe Mode? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante