My SM-G610F has an unknown icon on notification area. Any tip on what it is? Please see attachment.
    Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails SM-G610F Unknown icon on notification area-sm-g610f.jpg  
    05-26-2019 08:20 AM
    It's related to the dual SIM card feature. Do you need to set anything up about this functionality?
    05-26-2019 08:53 AM
    It's related to the dual SIM card feature. Do you need to set anything up about this functionality?
    I dont need to do anything specifically. But was wondering what this icon was. Is there any place on the phone where I can refer to more details about this?
    Thank you.
    05-26-2019 07:49 PM
    I dont need to do anything specifically. But was wondering what this icon was. Is there any place on the phone where I can refer to more details about this?
    Thank you.
    I'm not sure, it seems some Samsung devices started to have this icon as default after Oreo. Kind of redundant since you get the two signal bars when both cards are active. I'll search a bit more and I'll tell you what I find.
    05-26-2019 09:07 PM
    I moved this from the General News forum to the General Help forum.
    Kneth likes this.
    05-27-2019 02:15 AM
    I'm not sure, it seems some Samsung devices started to have this icon as default after Oreo. Kind of redundant since you get the two signal bars when both cards are active. I'll search a bit more and I'll tell you what I find.
    It doesn't look like the icon I get on my dual sim S9. But then you can change the icon that shows up in that area in the SIM Manager section of the settings. That icon should be showing the icon selected for the default SIM to make calls, which you set in the SIM Manager.
    05-27-2019 10:38 PM
    I too kept on searching, but could not still find an explanation.
    05-30-2019 08:15 AM
    I received this answer from another forum which is correct.

When you use two SIM cards in the Samsung Phone, you have the option to set a preferred SIM card for outgoing calls in Settings — Connections — SIM card manager — Calls.

If you set the preferred SIM card as SIM card 1, the SIM card icon with number 1 will be shown in Galaxy S9 status bar. If you set it to SIM card 2, the icon will have the number of 2. If you set it as Ask always (i.e., no preferred SIM card), the icon shown above will shown in the status bar.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-06-2019 10:25 PM
    I received this answer from another forum which is correct.

When you use two SIM cards in the Samsung Phone, you have the option to set a preferred SIM card for outgoing calls in Settings — Connections — SIM card manager — Calls.

If you set the preferred SIM card as SIM card 1, the SIM card icon with number 1 will be shown in Galaxy S9 status bar. If you set it to SIM card 2, the icon will have the number of 2. If you set it as Ask always (i.e., no preferred SIM card), the icon shown above will shown in the status bar.
    Makes sense since you had 2 signal bars in your status bar , I wanted to chime in and mentioned this to you but couldn't find your post due to others overlapping it , but glad you found out.
    06-06-2019 10:55 PM