Is it possible to use a nano SD in the SIM card alot of a dual SIM + SD phone and mount the disk?

I see this on certain phones which have an option use that slot for storage. I currently have 1 SIM and 1 SD but am considering a dual SIM phone. I dont think they make a dual SD phone.

I am currently running 4 operating systems simultaneously on Galaxy and Im seeking additional partition space and mount points

Has anyone tried this on a dual SIM Samsung? I see suggestions that may be possible

I saw another phone which allows a boot to the SD slot, how sweet is that!
    06-03-2019 10:03 PM
    Is it possible to use a nano SD in the SIM card alot of a dual SIM + SD phone and mount the disk?

I see this on certain phones which have an option use that slot for storage. I currently have 1 SIM and 1 SD but am considering a dual SIM phone. I dont think they make a dual SD phone.

I am currently running 4 operating systems simultaneously on Galaxy and Im seeking additional partition space and mount points

Has anyone tried this on a dual SIM Samsung? I see suggestions that may be possible

I saw another phone which allows a boot to the SD slot, how sweet is that!
    Hi, I'm curious which Samsung phone and how your running 4 operating Simultaneously on the phone?
    06-03-2019 10:47 PM
    Hi, I'm curious which Samsung phone and how your running 4 operating Simultaneously on the phone?
    Me too
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-03-2019 11:50 PM
    Oh, that's easy - you can emulate anything you can get an image of - older versions of Windows, Linux. MacOS (if you want to violate Apple's TOS), possibly even SunOS (although I've never seen an image for it).

The question in my mind is "nano SD". The only one I've seen is Huawei's, and it's only for the P30 and Mate 20.

But a phone that takes either a nanoSIM or an SD card takes a microSD card in the second SIM slot. (And Huawei only has a 128GB card - for more money than SanDisk or Samsung for the same size card. If you want high capacity, there are good 512GB micro cards available. (The problem is that SD cards are rated in write cycles, and putting a whole OS on the card will probably eat it pretty quickly.)
    badpaw likes this.
    06-04-2019 12:56 PM