Muting notifications from specific contacts but not all

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I am looking for the option to mute notifications/conversations from specific contacts.

Basically. I get a few during the day that aren't important and would rather not be distracted by them. Yet leaving on notifications from others that are.
Previous when i was using windows phone it was just an option where i could press on the sms thread I want muted and select mute.. But I cannot find this option in android.
I am using the standard sms app that came with the phone. I am assuming it just isnt an option.. surprise surprise.. But if I am missing something would like to know.. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am looking for the option to mute notifications/conversations from specific contacts.

Basically. I get a few during the day that aren't important and would rather not be distracted by them. Yet leaving on notifications from others that are.
Previous when i was using windows phone it was just an option where i could press on the sms thread I want muted and select mute.. But I cannot find this option in android.
I am using the standard sms app that came with the phone. I am assuming it just isnt an option.. surprise surprise.. But if I am missing something would like to know.. Thanks
Which phone do you have ?

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Well I was wondering if its just the emui software that has all these short falls or if its android. Does the pure android on the pixel phones have that option.
I just installed textra and that has the option. But i just dislike installing apps to replace stock apps that one would think should have these features as stock standard.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I was wondering if its just the emui software that has all these short falls or if its android. Does the pure android on the pixel phones have that option.
I just installed textra and that has the option. But i just dislike installing apps to replace stock apps that one would think should have these features as stock standard.
In contacts only block on my pixel phones , but I can give you a great option
Use DND (DO NOT DISTURB) you can set people you want notifications from and choose to not for others , let me know if that works ? I also have the 1+6 but same as my pixel

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Looking into that now..
When I figure it out I will let you know how I go.
Appreciate your help and quick responses. Thank you.