I have the latest version of YT Music, and a small handful of files downloaded to my phone's (internal) 'Downloads' folder are present under the 'Device Files' banner, however nothing stored on my SD card is showing.

I'm a regular GPM user and my music files are all located on my SD card. At first, I thought perhaps the convoluted storage of GPM's music files (folders in folders in folders) may have been confusing the matter, so I made a test 'Music' folder on the SD card and copied/pasted music files into it - but still, they didn't show up in YTM - yet I see numerous posts online where people seem to not be encountering issues with SD card music storage with YTM.

Any ideas/tips?
    06-06-2019 06:13 AM
    In general, legit apps that let you store downloaded music on your phone will place the files in protected folders so that you cannot touch the files, for copyright purposes.

There is a good chance that the two apps cannot see the files downloaded by the other app for these reasons.

Being that I am not all that familiar with these two apps, I am talking mostly theory here....
    Rukbat likes this.
    06-06-2019 01:38 PM
    Maybe just talking theory, Joe, but you're probably right. Definitely with the first part (about copyright) probably about the second part (not looking anywhere but their own storage location).
    06-06-2019 01:56 PM
    That's what I thought too, however I tried putting some .MP3 files in a "Music" folder on the SD card - to test the above theory - and even still, they didn't show up in YT Music
    06-07-2019 05:33 AM