I wonder if any of you clever boffins out there can assist me?
    I have just bought a new mobile phone: Huawei Y6 2019 and have restored all my data from a previous phone/backup.
    Once connected to the internet, I received a few messages that were lost in the system somewhere and have just come through. When the messages arrived on my phone, there was an announcement coming out of the phone when the messages came through. It is a male voice (Italian or something similar I think) and it sounds like a set of instructions. I have got someone to send me a one word whatsapp message to see if the voice was reading the messages out like google assistant or siri would do. When the one word message was received on my phone, the voice announcement was the same phrase as before and just repeated the same again. I have turned off google assistant and cannot find anything else it could be. I certainly did not have it before on my last Huawei phone either.
    Any ideas??? I have googled it and have found nothing at all.
    It is most annoying and very creepy all at the same time.
    I thank you in advance for anything you could suggest.
    Regards
    Darren
    06-06-2019 03:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Security Talk forum to the General Help forum, since I doubt this has anything to do with being hacked.

Go to Settings>Apps, select WhatsApp, and go to the Notifications section. What notification tone is currently selected? Do all other WhatsApp messages give you a normal notification tone, or do you hear that voice for any message that arrives?
    SpookDroid likes this.
    06-08-2019 07:05 PM