Largely because its 1 gig of memory is having trouble keeping up with OS and app expansion, I'm considering replacing my LG K4 phone.

I'm not a "phone geek."

I use the phone for talking - yes, talking - and reading emails, and little else. I could do better with a carrier pigeon, than trying to type on a phone, so try to do things from a computer as often as possible.

The K4 is pretty much a "floor" phone. Anything else was better when I got it 2 1/2 years ago, and remains better today.

So what phones might be recommended, based on these parameters:

• Small size - I don't want a "license plate sized" phone - something that fits in my jeans pocket
    • Headphone jack (I use the phone for business and am on it a lot)
    • Good battery life - ideally can go through two business days without needing a recharge
    • Enough memory so that apps respond in milliseconds, versus several seconds
    • A decent camera would be a very-nice-to-have, but not critical

Obviously, price and longevity matter too. But if it's a benchmark, one can't get much lower than the K4 and I've been happy with that for 2 1/2 years.

Looking forward to reading suggestions. Thanks
    06-12-2019 11:11 AM
    Small size
    The small size requirement, if you mean new phones, limits you to a choice at the present time of, approximately, one...and that phone is expensive and has no headphone jack. There are a few other small phones, but they are inexpensive and would not meet your listed requirements. So, essentially, there is nothing, and many of us here lament the paucity of small high-spec Androids.

Of course, it depends on what you mean by ‘small’.
    06-12-2019 03:16 PM
    Of course, it depends on what you mean by ‘small’.
    Fair question.

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_k4-7883.php lists the dimensions of the K4. Roughly 5 1/4 x 2 1/2 inches.

I'm not looking for something that small (would be nice if I could). But "not much bigger" than that would be an expectation, and all other factors being equal, choosing between two reliable phones, that "check the boxes" for what I want, I'd always give the nod to the smaller one.

I'm not looking to replace my laptop or desktop computer with some electronic Swiss army knife of a phone, so don't need all the size and power that many seek in phones. Just the basics as outlined in my original post.
    06-12-2019 03:38 PM
    I honestly don't know of any new Androids that come close to that sort of size, and meet at least most of the desirable features that you list, apart from the one I referred to but prefer not to name. If there were any, I'd be interested myself (I am interested in that one). Of course, my lack of knowledge proves nothing, so I'll pass this to other team members* for ideas.

*Some of them - me for example - might recommend a 4" or 4.7" iPhone, for want of good Androids of similar size, spec and performance, apart from the odd one or two (and it is in fact one, I believe).
    06-12-2019 07:04 PM
    What about the pixel 3a ? Priced Right not too big
    06-12-2019 07:08 PM
    mustang7757, the pixel 3a looks like a promising choice.

https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...Ses=2&nOrder=1 is a list of phones with some specs important to me. I could probably further restrict that to the most respected manufacturers, to get the list winnowed down.

Based on the above link, and the fact that the pixel 3a looks like it has potential, other thoughts on what phones I might like?
    06-12-2019 07:20 PM
    mustang7757, the pixel 3a looks like a promising choice.

https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...Ses=2&nOrder=1 is a list of phones with some specs important to me. I could probably further restrict that to the most respected manufacturers, to get the list winnowed down.

Based on the above link, and the fact that the pixel 3a looks like it has potential, other thoughts on what phones I might like?
    I own few phones from Samsung,Google,1+6
    If you like the s8 it's very solid phone
    The Chinese phones like Huawei have there current situation with the US ban and no local warranty. MIUI I'm not familiar with, Sony looks good but software support not what it use to be
    06-12-2019 07:34 PM