Notifications when screen turned off Samsung Galaxy A10

Sianjan

Jun 24, 2019
Visit site
I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A10 after using a Microsoft Nokia 950 ( no longer supported). My Nokia showed me I had texts even when the screen was off, this was done by pressing the power button but not turning off completely. The A10 does not seem to display a notification when the screen is completely off. I have checked all settings and cannot find the relevant one.
Also I had wifi calling enabled and found that where there was no wifi, I had to turn this off to get a call, is this correct?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A10 after using a Microsoft Nokia 950 ( no longer supported). My Nokia showed me I had texts even when the screen was off, this was done by pressing the power button but not turning off completely. The A10 does not seem to display a notification when the screen is completely off. I have checked all settings and cannot find the relevant one.
Also I had wifi calling enabled and found that where there was no wifi, I had to turn this off to get a call, is this correct?
This is not a standard feature for Samsung phones, nor for android in general.

However, look for the Glimpse Notifications app in Google Play. If notifications are set to display on the lock screen, Glimpse will briefly turn on the screen to the lock screen upon receipt of a new notification so you'll see the pop-up.

This works even if you have the "always on display" turned on showing only the clock.

I have this working on my S9.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca