How can I make my Google Authenticator codes work again?

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
Yeah but that's straight from within the app setting it up , so has to work with Google account maybe something there . The back up probably go to Google drive?

There's no backup and there's no chance to restore your in-app accounts after you delete the app. They just don't do it. Either you have this app coneccted to your account or you don't - it will work and offer you codes. You can check it by connecting the app to Google account and then deleting the account from your phone. App will still work without even offering you to reconnect it to Google account again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There's no backup and there's no chance to restore your in-app accounts after you delete the app. They just don't do it. Either you have this app coneccted to your account or you don't - it will work and offer you codes. You can check it by connecting the app to Google account and then deleting the account from your phone. App will still work without even offering you to reconnect it to Google account again.
Have to test this out further , I'll keep u posted if I come up with anything else

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
If you didn't , I believe you cant restore your back up , and will need to do everything from scratch

There's no backup. I reinstalled Authenticator app, and all those accounts stayed right where they were. It's just a new version installed over the previous newest one - codes still do not work. If I delete my app, all data will be lost - no recovery. Complete shut-down for those accounts added to Authenticator.

I don't even know the period this app is unsynchronized. Maybe it's half a minute forward, maybe it's half a minute back, maybe it's a couple of years in one direction or another.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There's no backup. I reinstalled Authenticator app, and all those accounts stayed right where they were. It's just a new version installed over the previous newest one - codes still do not work. If I delete my app, all data will be lost - no recovery. Complete shut-down for those accounts added to Authenticator.
Back up meaning your codes for the apps, so you saved them and Re-enter them and still didn't work?

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
Back up meaning your codes for the apps, so you saved them and Re-enter them and still didn't work?

I did not have to save them. I reinstalled the app, opened it - everything has been the same, just as I left it before reinstallation - tried to enter the generated code when loggin into account - and nothing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did not have to save them. I reinstalled the app, opened it - everything has been the same, just as I left it before reinstallation - tried to enter the generated code when loggin into account - and nothing.
Gotcha so issue login in a account. Maybe try contacting Google see if they can give some advice?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your advice. They do not support free applications. This app has hundreds of negative reviews on Play Market listing malfunctions identical to mine - they don't care.
Oh wow , sorry to hear that . Im not sure what else can help , I don't use that app to know the in and out of it . Hopefully someone with this experience See's this thread and can help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463