Question about samsung usb ports

FuTure 93

Jul 6, 2019
Visit site
Why does every android phone I buy from Samsung eventually dies because the USB ports always go out within a few years after purchase? Is this normal? I've had two Samsung phones and it's always the USB port that goes out. This phone is 3 years old and looks brand new. The port is very loose and I've kept good care with it.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I've had two Samsung devices. My S10 and I kept the S8 for two years. Never experienced any problems. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue for you.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Why does every android phone I buy from Samsung eventually dies because the USB ports always go out within a few years after purchase? Is this normal? I've had two Samsung phones and it's always the USB port that goes out. This phone is 3 years old and looks brand new. The port is very loose and I've kept good care with it.
You say 'every', then later say 'two'; so your experience is limited to two?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be due to your habits. How do you typically remove your cables? Do you pull them straight out, or tend to do so at an angle? When the phone is plugged in with a USB cable, is the cable typically straight, or often kinked (e.g., in a car, if it's plugged into a car charger but has to sit in an awkward position)?