I have been using the Kindle app on my Samsung Galaxy Tabs for years now. Last month it started failing to connect to the store but I could still read books.

Following recovery instructions I ended up with a completely unusable app with no books downloaded. I then notice that all of my Amazon apps now fail to connect!

Attempting some solution, I downloaded the Kindle app for PC to my Wimdows 10 laptop. It too failed to connect to amazon.com. One published solution was to switch to Amazon.ca.

I found no way to redirect the Android apps to use a different URL. I switched my Android language from English (United States) to English (Canada), cleared the cache and data in my Amazon apps and restarted the tab. This WORKED!
    07-11-2019 05:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Thanks for your solution, although it is still a strange problem you were having. Maybe there was a temporary problem with the Amazon servers? You may want to try switching back to US English after a few days and see if it connects normally again.
    07-11-2019 06:05 PM
    Did you have to switch the Android language from English (United States) to English (Canada)?
    It's so weird.
    But my Amazon Appstore always works well.
    07-14-2019 10:52 PM