All Amazon apps stopped connecting.

Dave Acevedo

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
I have been using the Kindle app on my Samsung Galaxy Tabs for years now. Last month it started failing to connect to the store but I could still read books.

Following recovery instructions I ended up with a completely unusable app with no books downloaded. I then notice that all of my Amazon apps now fail to connect!

Attempting some solution, I downloaded the Kindle app for PC to my Wimdows 10 laptop. It too failed to connect to amazon.com. One published solution was to switch to Amazon.ca.

I found no way to redirect the Android apps to use a different URL. I switched my Android language from English (United States) to English (Canada), cleared the cache and data in my Amazon apps and restarted the tab. This WORKED!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Thanks for your solution, although it is still a strange problem you were having. Maybe there was a temporary problem with the Amazon servers? You may want to try switching back to US English after a few days and see if it connects normally again.

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Did you have to switch the Android language from English (United States) to English (Canada)?
It's so weird.
But my Amazon Appstore always works well.

Jan 7, 2021
Visit site
Have Moto z2 and have been using Amazon app since phone was new, all of a sudden stopped working and will not open. Have tried clearing cache, uninstalled reinstalled, cleared all setting still nothing, any thoughts or suggestions

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You reinstalled from the Play Store? Did you also clear the app data from the Amazon app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm you're talking about the main Amazon app (i.e., the shopping one), and not the Amazon Appstore app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying you tried turning off the VPN? VPN isn't an alternative to mobile data or wi-fi -- if you have it on, your phone will connect through the VPN regardless of being on mobile data or wi-fi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma