Hello,
    I have C7 pro and my phone is only charging via usb cable via laptop, I have swapped and changed everything but no luck, it seems it is a software problem.
    Please Help, and thanks in advanced
    07-19-2019 02:27 PM
    The software doesn't know if the 5 Volts is coming from a PC, a wallwart or a mobile charger. I'd put my money on a defective charger. (If it charges normally, but doesn't fast charge, that could be the cable or the hardware in the phone. (The charger [the wallwart is just a power supply] is a chip that doesn't need software to tell it what to do. The software tells you what it's doing, but it doesn't tell the chip what to do.)
    07-19-2019 02:40 PM
    The software doesn't know if the 5 Volts is coming from a PC, a wallwart or a mobile charger. I'd put my money on a defective charger. (If it charges normally, but doesn't fast charge, that could be the cable or the hardware in the phone. (The charger [the wallwart is just a power supply] is a chip that doesn't need software to tell it what to do. The software tells you what it's doing, but it doesn't tell the chip what to do.)
    Thanks for replying.
    My charger perfectly works on other Samsung devices devices (I have tried A7 2016) and my cable works via laptop, But when I combine them together it won't charge, I have bought new cable but the same problem still exist.
    Any Ideas????!!!!!!!
    07-20-2019 02:44 AM
    Not without having the phone in my hands. I'd have to open the phone and trace the incoming voltage to see why it's not charging the phone. (About the only other thing I can think of is that there's a way to save a few pennies by not following the USB C specifications exactly, so the phone looks like an earphone dongle to the charger, and it doesn't supply any charge [which is the problem with the Raspberry Pi 4] - but if that were the case, all C7 Pro owners would have descended on Samsung like a plague of locusts.)
    07-20-2019 04:21 PM