Checking for date and time when an app was downloaded and installed ?

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to check the date and time when an app was downloaded and installed from the Google Play Store? Is there a way to check on the phone or within the Google Play Store? I am running on Android 9 (Galaxy S10e).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even rooting is iffy. You have to find the app, then you have to check the dates on all the files making up the app, and hope that at least one of them maintains the original installation date (in the Created date).. Some updates replace all the files, so the created date is the date of the last update. (If the particular app maintains a database, the date the database file was created is probably the date of installation.)

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
There is no way I am rooting my phone.

It is an email app which means that even if I located the app directory or folder, I assume that the dates of the directory or folder of this app would of been already modified since I was sending and receiving messages from the time of installation.

No big deal.

Thanks!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
There is no way I am rooting my phone.

It is an email app which means that even if I located the app directory or folder, I assume that the dates of the directory or folder of this app would of been already modified since I was sending and receiving messages from the time of installation.

No big deal.

Thanks!

If it's a paid app, you can download an app called "Purchased Apps" and it will tell you when you bought that app. For free apps, I don't know if there's a way to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781