Ok long story short, I ended up wetting SUB board via USB C port. Luckily the Motherboard XXXX sticker remains that way.

I followed the tear down instructions to a T (was for the a50 which is the same body).

However when I went to snap the mid frame, which is really just a case that stops the SUB, MOTB and battery from falling out, on one side there was a 1mm gap, like it wasnt snapping into place properly.

In the end I managed to snap the plastic bendy ring type case that it is, so I just ended up putting the 16 odd mini screws back in and stuck the back case, back on (its glued).

However at some staged Id like to off load this phone and I cant in its present condition.

Where would I find the MID case for a galaxy A30/A50?

There are no clips broken so what might be stopping it from clicking back on in that 1mm area? (its right in the MIDDLE where the gap widens, enough you can get a finger nail under it, on the sim tray side)
    07-22-2019 08:27 PM
    Ok long story short, I ended up wetting SUB board via USB C port. Luckily the Motherboard XXXX sticker remains that way.

I followed the tear down instructions to a T (was for the a50 which is the same body).

However when I went to snap the mid frame, which is really just a case that stops the SUB, MOTB and battery from falling out, on one side there was a 1mm gap, like it wasnt snapping into place properly.

In the end I managed to snap the plastic bendy ring type case that it is, so I just ended up putting the 16 odd mini screws back in and stuck the back case, back on (its glued).

However at some staged Id like to off load this phone and I cant in its present condition.

Where would I find the MID case for a galaxy A30/A50?

There are no clips broken so what might be stopping it from clicking back on in that 1mm area? (its right in the MIDDLE where the gap widens, enough you can get a finger nail under it, on the sim tray side)
    I would try ifixit website , they have tools , manual's,repair guide.
    07-22-2019 10:44 PM
    Unfortunately they dont have a tear down guide, I think probably because they are relatively new. I have the tools, thats how I got it apart and back together again. Its just very odd the mid case (which is just another ring of plastic) would not snap back on in that location. If I cant find the mid case, I will just live with it, just make sure to keep it out of the rain.

They are really easy to tear down, is just a glued on plastic back, apply heat and use splidger, then the mid case is screwed down, unscrew and do the same as the rear case, snaps off quite comfortably, tearing right down is easy enough but thats all you need to do, to get to the battery to unplug it to avoid any further damage, but the sammy software is good in the sense it wont turn on if it detects moisture, so I just unplugged all, removed both board, let dry for 24 hours, put back together and it powered back up, even with the SUB LDI showing liquid, clearly it was just water and had dried.

There is a tear down guide on youtube, if anyone needs to do this, dont quote me, go follow it.

My problem is getting another mid case, but somewhere must sell them. I will keep looking. It just doesnt sit on quite right, like 1mm out, which is a bit annoying in its PVC see through case as it is now a little loose on one side. Still, a working phone is better than throwing it away :-)
    07-23-2019 01:14 AM