Why can't I see or receive all the messages I am sent?

confuzzledd

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
Messenger, text messaging, you name it. I never recieve all the messages i am sent, meanwhile the other person can see a full conversation and i just look crazy trying to ask a question they already replied to a thousand times because i never got a response on my end. My phone is a little over a year and a half old, its a Galaxy Amp Prime. Recently, it has gotten unusually slow and buggy as well, are these issues related?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Could be. Do you use the Home button when you're finished using an app, or the Back button. (The Home button runs the launcher, but leaves the app you were using still running in the background, slowing the phone down.) Also, look at the recent apps, and flick them all away, to make sure that they're not in RAM. (I don't remember Marshmallow that well any more, but if there's a battery saving setting, make sure that your messaging apps aren't on it or, if you can't pick individual ones, turn battery saving off. (The way Android saves battery is by not letting certain apps run in the background. If you plug the charger in and get a flood of texts and emails, that's why.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You mentioned Messenger and "text messaging" -- is this all with SMS messages, or also with other kinds of messaging platforms (like WhatsApp)? If it's only with SMS, contact your carrier and see if they're aware of any issues.