I need a good phone holder for my truck...i've purchased a few and none of them really stay in place. I've seen the ones that use magnets. My question is....Does the magnet not affect the phone itself?...I always thought magents would wipe the phone or cause internal damage.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-07-2019 07:33 AM
    Not a magnetic one but I have the iOttie OneTouch 4 mount and have been very happy with it. I'm not a fan of the magnetic mounts, I like clear cases (otherwise why would I care what color my device is?) so that magnetic disk on the back of the phone would be annoying to see.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-07-2019 07:38 AM
    Love my Koomus magnetic holder - have used it, with a case, for my v20 and now v40. Currently I'm looking for one with Qi, but if you don't need charging I can highly recommend this mount! I have the one which goes in my CD slot and it is 100% stable. Never any issue with data or function, and the magnets have been strong enough to hold it extremely well through both a wallet case and a form-fitting Ringke.
    08-07-2019 09:33 AM
    Not a magnetic one but I have the iOttie OneTouch 4 mount and have been very happy with it. I'm not a fan of the magnetic mounts, I like clear cases (otherwise why would I care what color my device is?) so that magnetic disk on the back of the phone would be annoying to see.
    I've had one of theirs in the past and they tended to basically throw the phone out with a decent bump. I think the next one I get will be a RAM Mount.

https://www.rammount.com/shop-all/to...s/phone-mounts

You can buy a complete kit, but they are also modular so you can custom design the ideal holder and mounting setup. They also come with a tether for extra security, such as using on a motorcycle or other situation where a drop could cause loss or damage (as fragile as phones are today, any drop could cause damage).

Beware the sticker shock, though, but they are high quality mounts.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-07-2019 10:07 PM