Fairly new to smartphones but able to navigate the basics. Only have the Alcatel on hand for emergencies. Forced into crash course using it when home phone died. Tried to contact phone company for repair but obviously necessitated working through their automated menus, however, nothing happened when entering digits on keypad so they kept terminating calls. Online search for similar issues mentioned something about settings for DTMF but unsure if applicable and unable to locate on phone. Appreciate any assistance making phone more user-friendly, especially if unable to get home phone up and running. TIA.
    08-09-2019 01:10 PM
    Welcome.

Are you saying that the phone is faulty?
    08-09-2019 02:45 PM
    Settings (pull Notifications down and look for the gear wheel or look in the app drawer) > Sound > Advanced > Dial pad tones. Make sure it's enabled.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-09-2019 03:15 PM
    Welcome.

Are you saying that the phone is faulty?
    Anything possible but assumed it was more my unfamiliarity with the old device and general smartphone naivete. Rukbat's post pointed me in the right direction.
    belodion likes this.
    08-09-2019 04:33 PM
    Settings (pull Notifications down and look for the gear wheel or look in the app drawer) > Sound > Advanced > Dial pad tones. Make sure it's enabled.
    THANK YOU!!! Slightly different path than what you posted ('Settings > Sound > System > Touch pad dial tones') has it working now. (Fairly certain I looked there, previously, but frustration can lead to incorrect assumptions.) Appreciate the help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-09-2019 04:39 PM