CPU core not running and touchscreen issues?

pizza powtatow

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
Lately my Samsung S7 has been having weird touchscreen issues where a random area on the screen will appear to be continuously touched regardless of whether my finger is on it or not. This seems to happen randomly and sporadically. Alongside this issue, after installing a hardware monitoring app, I noticed that CPU core 4 was not running at all when this happened. The phone itself has no external damage and functions completely normally otherwise. What could this be? This annoys me as when this happens while I am playing a game or browsing I have to turn my phone on and off again to remove the "ghost touch."

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lately my Samsung S7 has been having weird touchscreen issues where a random area on the screen will appear to be continuously touched regardless of whether my finger is on it or not. This seems to happen randomly and sporadically. Alongside this issue, after installing a hardware monitoring app, I noticed that CPU core 4 was not running at all when this happened. The phone itself has no external damage and functions completely normally otherwise. What could this be? This annoys me as when this happens while I am playing a game or browsing I have to turn my phone on and off again to remove the "ghost touch."
Hi, thanks for registering!
Can put in safe mode and monitor it as it will disable any 3rd party apps might be a cause and can take it from there.

pizza powtatow

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
The touchscreen issues persisted in safe mode. Does this mean it is a hardware issue?
EDIT: The issues seem to appear the most when the phone is running hot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a screen protector on? If so, take it off and see if the problem persists.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How hot does the phone get when this happens? If it's unusually hot, it might be affecting how that part of the screen works.

pizza powtatow

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
My S7 normally gets hot under load. The battery temperature can read from 102 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit under load, and this has never caused a problem up until now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC