Q1. How to temporary prevent new sms, new whatsapp, new incoming calls while I am downloading/restoring sms, whatsapp backup?

Q2. I have remove my sim card from the old phone, put in my sim card into new phone, and setup whatsapp and restored whatsapp in my new phone. In my old phone I tap the whatsapp button and I see the "welcome to whatsapp" screen (screenshot https://i.imgur.com/lwPvJQk.png ) that is not logged in and not setup, how do I completely remove whatsapp history/files/info left in my old phone?

Q3. I received an sms that says [Your WhatsApp code: 123-456, you can also tap on this link to verify your phone: v.whatsapp.com/123456] after I install whatsapp, I was not asked to enter the whatsapp code anywhere, where should I enter the code? Should I click the link? (I am not sure is it safe to click the link) (note: 123456 is an example, not the real code)

Thanks
    Yesterday 03:36 AM
    Hi there,
    1) You can put your phone into Do Not Disturb mode for that.

2) You can find Whatsapp in the Application Manager on the old phone, find the Storage tab/option, and select Clear Cache and Clear Data. However, your messages in the old phone were encrypted and linked to your SIM card number. When the account was activated in a new phone and the SIM not present in the old one, messages become inaccessible. Media, on the other hand, might have been saved to your Whatsapp media folder, so you might want to manually delete those (should be accessible from the Gallery app).

3) The link is safe ONLY IF YOU INITIATED THE WHATSAPP LOGIN PROCESS. However, usually this SMS is automatically 'intercepted' by the app and the code is input automagically into the app, so you might not need to do this anymore if you already have access to your Whatsapp account and messages in the new phone (which sounds like you do).

Hope this helps!
    acsurfer likes this.
    Yesterday 08:31 AM
    Hi there,
    1) You can put your phone into Do Not Disturb mode for that.

2) You can find Whatsapp in the Application Manager on the old phone, find the Storage tab/option, and select Clear Cache and Clear Data. However, your messages in the old phone were encrypted and linked to your SIM card number. When the account was activated in a new phone and the SIM not present in the old one, messages become inaccessible. Media, on the other hand, might have been saved to your Whatsapp media folder, so you might want to manually delete those (should be accessible from the Gallery app).

3) The link is safe ONLY IF YOU INITIATED THE WHATSAPP LOGIN PROCESS. However, usually this SMS is automatically 'intercepted' by the app and the code is input automagically into the app, so you might not need to do this anymore if you already have access to your Whatsapp account and messages in the new phone (which sounds like you do).

Hope this helps!
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

How to put my phone to do not disturb? I am using Samsung Note 8, I do wish to have wifi available to restore from google drive.

What if I need 4g network to receive sms of verification, does do not disturb work in this situation?

I do have access to My Whatsapp in the new phone and it seems to work fine so I guess I do not need to do anything about that message. I think what happened is like what you said, that sms is automatically 'intercepted' by the app and the code is input automagically into the app, I do not remember entering any code during the setup of whatsapp and whatsapp also prompt me to restore my whatsapp backup from google drive during setup.

Thanks for your explanation, I just feel whatsapp should not be so quiet about their auto 'intercepted' input of the code as it really makes me confused on what to do with the code, just wondering how did you know of this info as I googled and did not see this info, only saw some warnings of not to click fake whatsapp verify links.
    Yesterday 08:53 AM
    If you expand the notification bar on your phone you should see some quick access toggles. One of those is Do Not Disturb
    Yesterday 12:07 PM