Hello,

I have a Nokia 3.1 phone running Android 8.1. I recently downloaded the Apk Extractor app from the Play store, When my list of apps came up, I pressed on my ESPN app and I saw a notice that the app had been extracted to my SD card. Apk Extractor shows the saved path as; /storage/emulated/0/ExtractedApks/, and when I click on Saved Path, it shows the ESPN app. But when I try to find that path on my SD card or Internal storage, I do not see that path anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thank you
    08-27-2019 01:38 AM
    /storage/emulated/0/ExtractedApks/

/storage/emulated/0/
    This is the root folder of either your SD card or your internal storage. (I am thinking it is the internal storage.)

/ExtractedApks
    This is the top-level folder that your APKs are in.
    08-27-2019 05:19 AM
    Thank you for the information Maniac Joe. I have another question. The reason that I was trying to move my apps to the SD card is because I am running out of internal storage. I only have 8GB of internal memory on my phone. So will using this Apk Extractor process free up my internal storage?

Thank you
    08-27-2019 11:23 AM
    The extractor apps do not move installed apps. What they do is copy the installer file (APK) to a folder that you can see so that you can backup or otherwise copy these APK files for later use. (Like you don't want a new version or a new version is not available for your phone.)

In order to move an installed app from the internal storage to the SD card:
    - The version of android needs to support that feature
    - The phone maker needs to support that feature in their flavor of android
    - The app developer needs to let this happen.

Most apps do not support this feature. The feature is also slowly being removed from android; it may already be gone in Android 9.

8 GB is a phenomenally small amount of storage, and android OS eats a lot of it. The SD card is best used for your photos, music, videos, documents. In this day, any phone with less than 16 GB is almost useless. Any phone with less than 32 GB will make most users unhappy.

Check the settings in the apps that use lots of storage space (camera, games, maps, GPS, etc.). Many of these apps will now let you put their data on the SD card while leaving the app installed on the internal storage.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-28-2019 05:22 PM
    Thank you for the additional information ManiacJoe.
    I will start looking at new phones that come with 16GB of internal memory.
    08-28-2019 05:57 PM