I deleted a lot of social media apps (twitter, instagram etc) off my phone (Realme 2 Pro) and recently found out that all the images and videos that I had saved via those apps have disappeared too. This has never happened before as I delete instagram all the time but the instagram folder in my gallery is always intact. The 300+ photos that I saved from twitter are all gone. They're not in my google drive backup either. Why is this happening? How do I get these photos back? There was a lot of important stuff there, please help.
    09-10-2019 12:56 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-10-2019 01:12 PM
    I deleted all my social media apps (twitter, instagram etc) off my phone (Realme 2 Pro) and recently found out that all the images and videos that I had saved via those apps have disappeared too. This has never happened before as I delete instagram all the time but the instagram folder in my gallery is always intact. The 300+ photos that I saved from twitter are all gone. They're not in my google drive backup either. Why is this happening? How do I get these photos back? There was a lot of important stuff there, please help.
    09-10-2019 02:03 PM
    Generally, if you uninstall an app, data will be erased also. You are looking at data recovery as your only option. Hopefully, your data was on your SD card, if not you will need to root your phone prior to attempting data recovery. Be warned there are non-root data recovery options but these only recover thumbnails.
    In the meantime use your phone as little as possible to avoid overwriting.
    09-10-2019 03:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

It may have to do with where those apps saved images/videos to. They might have had their own specific download folders (rather than the universal /Download directory), and if you kept those downloaded images in those folders (as opposed to moving them to some other general directory, like /Pictures), it's possible that the process of uninstalling the apps also removed any associated directory.
    09-10-2019 10:27 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    09-10-2019 11:12 PM